A free initial survey will be carried out on your property taking into account your individual requirements and budget. Loftstyle will provide a detailed design plan and written quotation. The design plan provided can be discussed and amended to suit as we aim to provide the best conversion for your property.
When an order has been placed, Loftstyle will provide a detailed set of drawings with structural engineers calculations for the proposed work, ready to submit for the relevant approvals.
The current ‘Permitted Development Rights’ allow for the majority of loft conversions to be built without Planning Permission.
Permitted Development Allowance: Loft Conversions
- Terraced properties can increase existing roof space by up to 40 cubic metres.
- Semi Detached and Detached Properties can increase existing roof space by up to 50 cubic metres.
Other criteria can apply, please visit Planning Portal
Examples where Planning Permission may be required:
- If you live in a Conservation Area or your property is a Listed Building.
- If your property has had ‘Permitted Development Rights’ removed (this is quite common with new developments).
- If your conversion exceeds the ‘Permitted Development Allowance’.
In all cases Loftstyle will advise, process your application and liaise with the planning authorities.
To take advantage of our design and planning services or guidance please call us on 0800 980 7584Get in Touch »